Well time sure flies.. or atleast as far as this blog goes it does. I was just looking back and it has been a long time since my last post. What has been new in the last six monthes.. well a lot actually.
1. ) We found out officially on our closing day that we were pregnant! It was a pretty stressful day to say the least.. a new house, a new baby.. wow! My due date is August 17th which is only about a month a way.. Thank Goodness. This pregnancy has been a lot more difficult than my first. I was very sick the first four monthes or so and than ever since than I have been fainting, not being able to breath or sleep, etc. My doctor has been quite worried about it and has advised me to take it easy and to not drive long distances.. I have been doing my best but some things still need to be done! Jackson has been really helpful and good about it when I am not feeling well.. I am so glad he is the age he is and independent so I could rest when needed. Although I don't feel very prepared we are starting to get things lined up for the baby. I don't really feel like I need to have everything all set up like I did last time. Jackson is really excited and decided he wanted a brother early on.. OF COURSE... but lately he has been saying he wants a sister. We didn't find out the sex and surprisingly it has been a lot easier than I thought. It will be a really fun surprise and I have heard only wonderful things from people that have also waited. It was hard when Jessica and Chad found out what they were having.. a baby boy around the same time we could have found out. Yes, they are having a third baby and our due dates are the same. Crazy I know! As far as getting ready goes, we haven't decided where Jackson is going to be yet.. we have two rooms downstairs but I am not sure if he or I am ready for him to be down there. The last thing I want is him to be scared and crawling into my bed everynight! Or the other possibility would be for them to share for a while. So I am not sure what we are going to do, which has put things to a stop as far as preparing a nursery. I am going to the same clinic I went to last time, Healthpartners in St.Cloud/Sartell. I really really like my doctor this time. His name is Dr. Bakker and he is so great. He is a Grandpa type guy, really concerned and sensitive and apparently very recommended. He will be Jessica's surgeon as well.
2.) Our new house is going really well. It has been fun to slowly make it our own.. with even more to do as time goes on. I have been pretty lazy, especially at first when I wasn't feeling well at all. The mmost fun thing has been getting to do some landscaping and flowers of my own for the first time. I took some old chairs I found and painted them bright yellow and bright green and put them in front as well as some old wagons my parents had that were in the burn pile. We also took out some old crappy shrubs that I hated. Luckily, we don't have a lot of house work to do. A little painting eventually but it is just fine for now!
3.) Since I am due in August I was debating what to take off for work. The debate was whether to take just a little time off or to take a year off. I decided to take the one year absence. I will than be guaranteeded a job. It made the most sense with the cost of daycare and health insurance. So we will see how it goes and if need be I can apply elsewhere. Loren is still with Ergen Exteriors and has been working long hours for the summer. He is also enjoying playing ball for the Misfits again. I wonder what age you are too old to play? For Loren it will probably be like 50! They say you marry someone like your father and well I definately did!! :)
4.) In April I decided to follow Kristin's lead and sell Thirty-One. For those of you that don't know, Thirty-One is a direct sales company that sells bags, totes, purses, storage etc with the option to personalize and pick different patterns. I really love the products and am hoping to continue to grow. Let me know if you would like to order or have a party! :) I may start a blog about this journey.. more news to follow!
5.) School/Work was done in June and we have enjoyed summer so far. It has been seriously so hot with record highs so it hasn't been easy for this prego. The only comfort I have found is to be in the water on a floaty. Even AC doesn't really cut it as far as relief goes. Jackson and I have enjoyed going to the lake, going to the kid concerts in Buffalo, biking, going to the park, seeing his cousins and Aunts, ECFE and more. We seem to keep busy, mostly because I can't stand staying home. He is in T-ball on Tuesdays and he LOVES it. Lilly and Landon are on his team.. the ORANGE Team and it has been fun for them as well as for us to watch. He will be sad when it ends but we will just have to do other activities in the fall. Jackson's swimming has really come a long way. From the kid who barely went in the water to know jumping off the dock with a lifejacket and freely swimming around with his cousins.. it has been fun to see the progress. I hope to get him into swimming lessons soon when it works for us. I didn't want to put him in this year with the fear he wouldn't do it himself and I wasn't going to get in a pool 7-8 monthes pregnant! Jackson hasn't been to daycare except a few days since school ended and he really misses his friends at daycare. He talks about them a lot so I am glad that he will start preschool this fall three days a week. He will go Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in the afternoon and I am so glad he will have some structure and friend time. He really needs it! It will be nice to have some alone time with the baby as well when Jackson is at school.
Well that is about it for now! I hope everyone is enjoying summer and wish me luck on the last month or so of pregnancy! I can't wait for it to be over! Hopefully sooner than later. I have this strange feeling that it will be early August, but either way my doctor will probably induce a week early so we are looking at August 13th or after! :) I look forward to seeing the new rooms at the St. Cloud Hospital. I have heard awesome things.
Ash
No comments:
Post a Comment